The International English Language Testing System, or IELTS™, is an international standardised test of English language proficiency for non-native English language speakers. It is jointly managed by the British Council, IDP: IELTS Australia and Cambridge Assessment English, and was established in 1989. The onus of conducting the tests across the globe lies on the British Council and the IDP. The IELTS is delivered as a paper-based and computer-based test. The version of the IELTS- Academic or General Training- depends upon your reason for taking up the test. A candidate is scored in full and half bands across the four modules and is also given an overall band score, with 0-band being the least and 9-band being the highest score on offer.
There is no pass or fail in the test and your band score requirement will depend on your reason for taking the test. In order to enroll for a graduate or a post-graduate course abroad the minimum score ranges from 6 bands to 7 bands in most universities. The minimum requirement for a health professional such as the nurse is band 7 in most countries; some countries have lowered the cut-off to 6.5 bands in the writing module alone.
The New York Academy offers both the Academic & General IELTS. Firstly, it is important to understand the difference between the 2 types of IELTS is IELTS Academic and IELTS-General Training.
IELTS Academic test is generally taken by those who wish to pursue their studies at the international level that in foreign colleges or universities as an undergraduate or postgraduate or postgraduate student.
By doing IELTS Academic a Study Visa would be granted.
IELTS General Training
IELTS- GT Test is commonly taken by those who wish to migrate to other nations in search to work or to earn their livelihood. In this test, generally, your every-day and non-academic English is analysed.
Later, after qualifying IELTS-GT test with appropriate scores, migration to an English speaking country is granted.
IELTS- Academic and GT are evaluated on different parameters and hence the scores also vary for both the type of IELTS.
IELTS LISTENING SCORE FORMAT
IELTS WRITING SCORE FORMAT
IELTS READING SCORE FORMAT
IELTS SPEAKING SCORE FORMAT
Why IELTS from The New York Academy?
- Highly experienced IELTS faculties
- Comprehensive IELTS Course practice materials for Academic and General Training
- Daily Brainstorming sessions on IELTS Writing Task and corrections of students writing work.
- Daily IELTS Speaking sessions with various cue card and follow up questions
- Weekly mock tests for performance evaluation
- Flexible IELTS Class Timings.
- Complete English-speaking environment in class which helps students to overcome the language difficulties.
- Personalised classes and Individual Attention.
- Special Grammar Classes to improve the English Language for IELTS.
- Exam Oriented Training helps to practice intensively.