The Pearson Test of English Academic (PTE Academic) is a computer-based English language test trusted by universities, colleges and governments around the world. It offers candidates the fastest, fairest and most flexible way of proving their English language proficiency for studying or immigrating abroad.
The test takes approximately three hours to complete. This includes an un-timed introduction to the test and one optional scheduled break of up to 10 minutes. There are three timed parts: Speaking and writing – Reading – Listening. Each part may contain a number of sections. Each section is individually timed.
Reasons Why Most People Opt For the PTE
- Flexible: Test dates are available almost for over 360 days in a year in over 250 centres worldwide
- Fast: Results are declared typically within 5 working days
- Fair: Since the test uses computerized marking, it ensures that all test takers are scored accurately and impartially
- Secure: Various measures are taken to ensure test security like randomized test forms, palm-vein scanning and data forensics
- Unlimited: Test takers can send their test results to as many Universities or Institutions as they like with no extra payment.
How Is the PTE Scored?
The scoring in PTE is done from 10 to 90 with 10 being the lowest and 90 being the highest. Increments happen by 1 point. The grading scale showcases the test taker’s ability to read, write, speak and understand instructions given in English. The scores are also provided in a graph for easy understanding of the candidate as well as the areas of improvement.